Monday, September 26, 2011

CBR Review: Vengeance #3

I recently reviewed Vengeance #3 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "Have you ever read a comic that felt like it was written exclusively for you? That the writer sat down, deeply considered your tastes and desires before putting pen to paper (or finger to keyboard)? Now, obviously, that isn’t what actually happens, but that’s how Vengeance feels for me. With each issue, it feels more and more like Joe Casey is writing this comic book because it’s what I want to read. I’ve been a follower/fan of Casey’s writing since Cable #51 when he took for the much-heralded James Robinson only a few issues into Robinson’s run on the book, and have read almost everything Casey’s written. So, you can understand why a series that pulls together elements from all of his previous Marvel work (and I do mean all of it) would seem like it was written for an obsessive fan like me."

You can read the rest HERE!