Sunday, January 23, 2011

CBR Review: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: Dust to Dust #8

I recently reviewed Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: Dust to Dust #8 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "When I heard about a prequel series to Philip K. Dick’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I rolled my eyes and told myself I’d check out the first issue to see how awful it would be. Do I feel a judgmental idiot now... Dust to Dust has told an entertaining and interesting story within the world of Dick’s novel without redefining that world or simply repeating what Dick wrote. It fits into that world, expanding upon it, without creating an internal conflict or departure from what made the book so interesting. Roberson writes a story that provides a different take on the androids in this world, while fitting it into a familiar story."

You can read the rest HERE!