Sunday, February 14, 2010

CBR Review: Chocolate Cheeks

I recently reviewed Chocolate Cheeks for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "The simplest way to determine if you’ll enjoy Steven Weissman’s Chocolate Cheeks is to read the fifth strip in the book. 'Sweet' Chubby Cheeks and Pullapart Boy are on the bus and the latter boy gives up his seat to a lumpy-faced man with a cane, causing the man to say 'A seat on the 217 bus? Thank you, sir. This brain tumor is the gift that just keeps on giving.' When reading, I laughed quite hard, causing my girlfriend to inquire about what was so funny and, upon learning, gave me a 'I’m in love with a really weird guy' look. Obviously, Chocolate Cheeks isn’t for Michelle, but is definitely for me and anyone who likes this sort of twisted, somewhat sick humor."

You can read the rest HERE!