Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blogathon 2009: One Week Away

In one week, I will be doing a 24-hour blogathon here to raise money for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. A blogathon is where you post on your blog every 30 minutes for 24 hours for charity and it's quite a lot of fun. You can sponsor me by donating monye to the CBLDF here. The CBLDF is a great organisation that fights for free speech and deserves some love. Give whatever you can and let me know that you have so I can keep track of how much money is raised -- and of who to thank. And, if you can't, that's fine, too, just stop by next Saturday beginning at 9am EST where I will be discussing Brian Michael Bendis's Avengers books with many, many tangents. Unlike the last time I did this, I won't be going issue-by-issue, but rather story-by-story. As such, I have gathered all of the books I plan to discuss and the total number of comics? 195. I am not kidding. 195 comics that I must read in a week to prepare for this. And, if I need to fill more blog posts (as I will be writing 49 of them), I have another 30 or so comics in mind to do that job.

It should be a lot of fun. Spread the word if you can and join me then.

Thanks