Friday, November 21, 2008

No Splash Page This Week

For various reasons, no Splash Page this week. However, in next week's edition, Tim and I will discuss Batman #681, which is the conclusion to "Batman RIP" and is sure to have us excited. In the mean time, I may post some more random things over the weekend, because both the roommate and girlfriend are out of town (no, not together) and I'm not sure what to do with myself beyond read comics and then write stupid things about them online.

I will say this, though, I wish Avatar would published more Warren Ellis Bad Signal collections. I have the first two (along with the first "From the Desk of..." collection--I tried to order the second from Avatar directly a couple of years back and things didn't work for various reasons and I've been too lazy to try again since) and am rereading them and... I still say that Ellis's writing on comics is just as good, if not better, than his actual comic work. I particularly love the manner in which he takes the collective online audience to task for not getting the simplicity that was The Filth #1. I want more, dammit.