Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CBR Review: Aetheric Mechanics

I recently reviewed Aetheric Mechanics for CBR, because the book haunted me. In fact, I created the review document sometime last week (Thursday maybe), but couldn't decide if it was worth doing for various reasons (time since publication and that this is my third Warren Ellis Avatar review in the past few weeks), so I reread it yesterday and decided that, yeah, it needs to be reviewed. About it, I wrote the following sentences: "Aetheric Mechanics may seem simple on the surface, but it is one of the best things Ellis has written in recent years, mixing a sentimentality not often seen with his obsession with emerging technology to a wonderful effect. He and Pagliarani create a world that is intricate, detailed, and not easily dismissed."

You can read the rest HERE!